Last Updated on November 18, 2022 by israel
Hi lovers and owners of bearded dragons, have you been wondering or asking the question ” Can Bearded Dragons Eat Cabbage?” Well in this article i’d be answering that question and i’d also be telling you the advantages and disadvantages of feeding cabbage to bearded dragons.
Can Bearded Dragons Eat Cabbage?
Yes, bearded dragons can eat cabbage, cabbage provide a large variety of nutrients, e.g., vitamins A and C to bearded dragons, and bearded dragons enjoy eating them. It is essential to know that cabbages should be fed to them in moderate quantities.
Apart from the fact that cabbage contain a lot of vitamins and provide a lot of nutrition to bearded dragons, it is also essential to know that bearded dragons actually love eating cabbages.
Cabbage can serve as a great side dish for your bearded dragons, they would love it but you should be careful not to feed them too much.
Can Bearded Dragons Eat Purple Cabbage?
Yes, bearded dragons can eat Purple cabbage, purple cabbage provides a large variety of nutrients similar to that of green cabbages, they provide the same nutrients and advantages to bearded dragons the only difference is the colour.
Can Bearded Dragons Eat Red Cabbage?
Yes, bearded dragons can eat red cabbage, red cabbage provides a large variety of nutrients similar to that of green cabbages, they provide the same nutrients and advantages to bearded dragons the only difference is the colour.
Can Bearded Dragons Eat cabbage Leaves?
Yes, bearded dragons can eat cabbage leaves, however, they should eat them moderately. cabbage leaves contain a high amount of calcium so they should be eaten moderately. Ensure the cabbage leaves you feed to your bearded dragons are clean and haven’t been sprayed with insecticides.
What Nutrients Do cabbage Contain?
Cabbage offer a variety of nutrients and vitamins to both humans and animals (bearded dragons in particular) here are a few of the nutrients that can be found in 100g of cabbage.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin K
There are many more vitamins and nutrients in cabbages the above list is just a few of them.
Advantages Of Feeding Your Bearded Dragons cabbages (Health Benefits)
There are many health benefits of feeding cabbages to your bearded dragons, here are some of the major health benefits of feeding cabbages to your bearded dragons.
- It aids digestion.
- It increases blood flow.
- It builds white blood cells.
- It strengthens the heart.
- Stronger Muscles: Cabbages are rich in fibre and they help build and develop stronger muscles for our bearded dragons and human in general.
- Stronger Bones: Cabbage contain a fair portion of calcium, calcium helps build the bones. so cabbage do help in strengthening the bones of humans and bearded dragons.
- Longer Life: Vegetables, cabbage in particular can increase the life span of a bearded dragon because of the additional vitamins that cabbage provide.
Disadvantages of OverFeeding cabbage To Your Bearded Dragons
In as much as cabbages provide a lot of vitamins and nutrients to bearded dragons, it is very very dangerous to feed a lot of cabbages to your bearded dragons, here are some of the disadvantages of feeding your bearded dragons too many cabbages.
- Stomach Upset: cabbage leaves contain too much calcium which can cause stomach upset when consumed in much/large quantities.
- Stooling: Your bearded dragon can start stooling frequently whenever it consumes too many cabbages.
Steps In Feeding A Bearded Dragons cabbage.
- Select and pick only fresh, cabbages.
- Wash cabbages properly and thoroughly.
- You can cut the cabbages into tiny chewable bits
- Dish on a clean plate or bowl.
Conclusion On Can Bearded Dragons Eat cabbages?
From this blog post, we can say that the answer to the question “Can Bearded Dragons Eat Cabbages?” is Yes, bearded dragons can eat cabbages, cabbages provide a large variety of nutrients, e.g., vitamins A and C to bearded dragons, and bearded dragons enjoy eating them. It is essential to know that cabbages should be fed to them in moderate quantities.
Cabbages provide lots of nutrients and vitamins but should be fed moderately to your bearded dragons.
This post was written by Israel for Animals district